First Amendment Litigation
The firm’s lawyers handle a wide variety of First Amendment cases, including public official libel, free speech, free press, freedom of religion, and access to public records and meetings cases. Anytime that government threatens the freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution we are available to defend the individual’s rights and liberties. This litigation frequently employs the firm’s appellate department as constitutional issues are adjudicated at all levels of the legal system. The firm has lawyers admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court should your case even wind up in the highest court in the land.
Special Education Litigation
The firm’s board-certified appellate lawyer, Timothy W. Weber, has extensive experience representing parents of students with disabilities in administrative proceedings and federal court. Mr. Weber handles Due Process hearings before the Division of Administrative Hearings, appeals to the United States District Courts and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and other available proceedings in special education cases.
The firm also vigorously enforces Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Florida Educational Equity Act, the Civil Rights Act, and other laws respecting the rights of children with disabilities.
- T.D.F. v. Manatee Cty. Sch. Bd., 340 F. Supp.2d 1316 (M.D. Fla. 2004)
- L.H. v. Manatee Cty. Sch. Bd., 2009 WL 3231914
- A.S. v. Polk Cty. Sch. Bd., Docket No. 04-01760E (Fla. Div. Admin. Hrgs.) (Final Order Pursuant to Remand entered Nov. 8, 2006)
- A.S. v. Polk Cty. Sch. Bd., Docket No. 04-01760E (Fla. Div. Admin. Hrgs.) (Final Order on Compensatory Education entered April 24, 2008)
- R.L. v. Miami-Dade Cty. Sch. Bd., 2008 WL 3833414