JEREMY D. BAILIE
Jeremy Bailie is an Associate with the firm, practicing appellate and commercial litigation.
Jeremy attended Northland International University where he received his bachelor’s degree in History. After completing his undergraduate degree, Jeremy earned his Juris Doctor, with a concentration in advocacy, from Stetson University College of Law, where he served as the Chief Justice of Stetson’s #1 nationally-ranked Moot Court program. During law school, through the Moot Court program, Jeremy argued in front of the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims, the Florida Supreme Court, and judges from all five Florida district courts of appeal.
After law school, Jeremy practiced law with a firm that represented insurance carriers and various nation-wide corporations regarding the defense of claims of personal injury, insurance coverage, employer/employee disputes, consumer protection litigation, and appellate practice.
Jeremy is a member of the Florida Bar, American Bar Association, St. Petersburg Bar Association, and Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Drug Free America Foundation; the Board of Trustees for the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation; the Executive Committee for the Barney Masterson Inn of Court; the Board of Directors for the Corinthians Project; and the Board of Directors for Neighborly Care Network.
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Northland International University (B.A., cum laude 2012)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Veterans Claims
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Florida state courts
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Foundation (Board of Trustees)
- Barney Masterson Inn of Court (Executive Committee)
- Drug Free America Foundation (Board of Directors)
- The Corinthians Project (Board of Directors)
- Neighborly Care Network (Board of Directors)
- Jeremy D. Bailie, Esquire, Perfecting Service on a Foreign National, St. Petersburg Bar Association Paraclete, 16, January / February (2018).
- Jeremy Bailie, When Time Is of the Essence: Reverse, Don’t Remand, 8 Veterans L. Rev. 1 (2017).
- Jeremy D. Bailie, Esquire and Jennifer J. Kennedy, Esquire, Preservation Checklist for the Busy Trial Attorney, St. Petersburg Bar Association Paraclete, 22–25, July/August (2016).
Awards and Distinctions
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers® 2018
- Legal Elite – Up & Comer, Florida Trend 2018
- William E. Blews Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Service
- The National Order of the Barristers
- Stetson University College of Law Dean’s Award
- Michael P. Allen Award for Excellence and Professionalism
Significant Appellate Opinions
- Erie Ins. Exchange v. Larose, 202 So. 3d 148 (Fla. 2d DCA 2016) (holding that an out-of-state insurance carrier that issued an out-of-state policy to a non-Florida resident and did not do business in the state of Florida was not subject to personal jurisdiction in the state of Florida).