KELLI H. CRABB
Kelli Hanley Crabb is a shareholder in the law firm of Weber, Crabb and Wein, P.A.
A South Dakota native, Ms. Crabb graduated from law school at the University of South Dakota in 1981 and was licensed to practice law in the state of South Dakota that year. Ms. Crabb also earned a Masters of Business Administration degree at the same time.
Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Crabb joined the legal department of a Fortune 100 company, IBP, Inc., headquartered in Dakota City, Nebraska. While a member of the IBP legal department, Ms. Crabb primarily practiced in the areas of employment law, debtor-creditor matters and general business litigation. Ms. Crabb left her employment with IBP in the fall of 1983 when she re-located to Florida.
Ms. Crabb joined the law firm of Battaglia, Ross, Dicus and Wein, P.A. in January, 1984 as a law clerk, pending her admission to the Florida Bar. Ms. Crabb became an associate attorney at the Battaglia Ross firm when she was admitted to the Florida Bar in July, 1984. Ms. Crabb became a shareholder at the Battaglia, Ross firm in 1987.
During her association with Battaglia Ross firm, Ms. Crabb practiced in numerous areas of the law including business litigation, representation of both creditors and debtors in bankruptcy proceedings, collection actions and foreclosures, employment law and contract disputes. Ms. Crabb also has represented several “white collar” criminal defendants.
Ms. Crabb has focused her practice on family law matters, including dissolution, paternity, custody, domestic violence proceedings for over twenty years. Ms. Crabb is a member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association. She previously was co-chair of the Family Law Section and served on the executive committee of the organization. Ms. Crabb is just beginning her term as secretary of the St. Petersburg Bar Association.
Ms. Crabb has also been very active in the community as a whole. She has been involved in the Pinellas County Hospice organization for over twenty-five years, currently serving as board chair of Empath Health, the holding company for Suncoast Hospice and other subsidiaries. Ms. Crabb continues to serve on the Suncoast Hospice board as immediate past chair. She is also a member of the Board of Directors of Suncoast PACE, Inc. Ms. Crabb was previously a member of the board and former chair of The Hospice Foundation of the Florida Suncoast, Inc.
Shareholder | Secretary | Member
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Custody and time sharing issues
- Child support—determination and collection
- Appointment as Guardian ad Litem
- Florida, July, 1984
- South Dakota, May, 1981
- University of South Dakota School of Law, Vermillion, South Dakota—Juris Doctor, May, 1981
- University of South Dakota—Master of Business Administration, May, 1981
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member and co-chair of the family law section
- Kanakaris Inns of Court, Master
- Volunteer with Community Law Program
- Suncoast Caring Communities, Inc.– member of Board of Directors and current Chair
- Suncoast Hospice, Inc.–member of Board of Directors and current Chair
- Suncoast PACE, Inc.–member of Board of Directors
- The Hospice Foundation of the Florida Suncoast, Inc.–member of the Board of Directors and past Chair
- Member, Holy Family Catholic Church–past member of pastoral council and past president of pastoral council; currently serve as a reader
- Past member of St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past chair of the Tyrone Task Force, St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce
- Past member of the Board of Directors of Alpha, a New Beginning, Inc.
- Volunteer at St. Anthony’s Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL and past member of the Institutional Review Board
Pro Bono Activities:
- Serve as a volunteer guardian ad litem representing the interests of children in high-conflict cases.
Past Employment Positions:
- Battaglia, Ross, Dicus and Wein, P.A.–January, 1984 to March, 2013; shareholder
- IBP, Inc.–staff attorney and member of legal department–June, 1981 to October, 1983